Search This Blog

1/22/2014

My Favourite Winter Lip Products

Hello everyone! Today I will be discussing my favourite lip products! I will be covering my favourite lip balms, lip glosses, and lip colours (laquers, lip sticks, balm stains, lip stains). Before I start, I just want to mention that I'm only just learning which is the best setting on my camera, so most of the photos are of rather poor quality, whereas some are a lot better. Hopefully in the future they will stay better quality! So, on to goodies!

From left to right: Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm and moisturizer; Baby Lips in 05 Quenched; Burt Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil; Maybelline Shinesational Lip Gloss in 40 Berry Bella; L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Balm in 318 Heavenly Berry; L'Oreal Paris Intense Blondes in 297 Red Passion; Rimmel London Apocalips in 400 Big Bang; Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Frenzy.


Lip Balms! Lip balms have been a saviour to me this winter. Although my skin doesn't get overly dry, my lips definitely do. These are definitely my most worn product of the winter!

First lip balm I will talk about is Maybelline Baby Lips in 05 Quenched. I had a love/hate relationship with Baby Lips when I first got them.  I found them to be overly glossy and not very moisturizing, so I would have preferred to use a gloss with a bit of colour over this product. However, my lips were getting really chapped this winter, and I picked this guy up again, and fell in love. Perhaps it's because I have really dry lips now, but not only is it super glossy, but it now makes my lips feel super soft and moisturized. Only negative is that it doesn't last as long as some of my other balms, so you'll need to reapply it several times during the day. Overall, I think it is a great product for me during the winter season and I really want to try the others in the Baby Lips family! Available at Walmart here for $2.97! (Such a bargain!)



Next is the Burt's Bees Replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil. I had tried the original Burt's Bees lip balm formula, and was quite disappointed, although it did make for a great overnight balm, but I decided to try this one anyways. And it's terrific! It not only adds a slight berry hint to your lips, but it's super moisturizing, and is an absolute life saver for the winter time! Another bargain at just $2.97 at Walmart here.

And then there is the Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm and Moisturizer. I have to tell you a secret.... if you ever have dry lips, and no amount of scrubbing or lip balm seems to be doing the trick... use this. I swear, even the most chapped lips I have ever had have been remedied by this. I bought it originally at Urban Outfitters, and boy, I'm glad I did. For the amount of time this has lasted, and the amount of work it does, it was well worth the $12. If you are going to purchase anything, make it be this. This (and MakeupByTiffanyD) have sparked my interest in the Dior Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping lip balm. Hopefully I'll be employed soon and be able to splurge on it! Available at Sephora here for $8.50.



For lip gloss I have been loving the Maybelline Shinesational lip gloss in 40 Berry Bella. Personally, I've been loving berry and bright red colours for the winter, as well as a deep red (but unfortunately haven't found a deep red that works for my skin tone yet!). I have included two different swatches in two different lightings, because my room is dark and makes my skin look yellow on one side, and look normal on the other. (Also, I have discovered that I have way too much arm hair, I swear I don't look like an ape in real life. :s) This gloss leaves my lips feeling moist, and the formula isn't sticky, and last for a few hours before needing re-application. For drug store glosses this is one of my favourites. I also have two others, but they are more summery, so I won't be busting them out for a couple months. I have 10 Freshly Sliced, and 20 Treat Me Sweet. Treat me sweet is my favourite - it smells and tastes just like bubblegum, and who doesn't love a good tasting lip product?! The Shinesationals all have really lovely smells and tastes, which is a positive in my books. The Maybelline Shinesationals are available at Walmart for $4.94 here

Now onto lip colours. I will include swatches at the end :)


I ended up buying the Rimmel London Apocalips before I heard all the buzz about it. I had been searching for a bright red, and this one, the colour 400 Big Bang, is perfect. I feel as though it would be suitable for any skin tone. It is just a bold bright red, and it lasts all day, even through Starbucks trips. It takes awhile to settle and dry a bit, but after that you probably won't need to reapply for up to eight hours. I can't wait to try out all of the other colours! I cannot for the life of me find an online link to the price in Canada, however, if you click here you will be linked to the Rimmel London Canada website, and will show you where you can find them in stores in Canada. However, they are selling for just about $9 on Amazon for the US, and about 6 Euros in the UK on Amazon. I bought mine at Shoppers Drug Mart but can't for the life of me remember what they were going for. 



On the same trip to the drug store, I found this baby, the L'Oreal Paris Intense Blondes lip stick in 297 Red Passion. It is a bit of a deeper red than the Apocalips, but looks just as lovely on my skin tone. It applies fairly matte, but when you look at the lip stick in the tube, it does have a bit of shimmer, but doesn't appear on the lips. It is again a super long lasting formula, and although I don't think it would be suitable for all skin tones, it's still a pretty versatile red. I'm always impressed by the L'Oreal Paris lip products! Available for $8.97 at Walmart here.


I've actually had this for quite awhile, but haven't used it as much as I wish I could have. It is the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Frenzy. It's a double sided wand with a marker type application of the lip colour, which takes a few moments to dry before you apply the clear balm on top to plump your lips up a bit and give the colour a bit of shine. This would probably be suited for more of a darker skin tone, which I probably why I haven't gotten as much use out of it, however, it still suits me alright, and is definitely a go when I'm looking for a rich red lip. It goes for $7.98 here at Walmart, and the colour is '2'. 


Finally, we have the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Balm in 318 Heavenly Berry, which I won't discuss here because I did a review of these here, however, my favourite of the colours, and my go to winter colour has been this Berry shade. The Colour Riche Balms are available at Walmart for $4.97 here


And here are the swatches in two different lights!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and stay tuned for a bonus post in the next hour!

Do you own any of these lip products? What are your thoughts? What products/colours are you loving for winter?

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment