Search This Blog

2/08/2014

Lancome La Vie Est Belle Perfume - Thoughts

Hey guys and gals! I have been planning to put a video up, but haven't gotten to it yet, and there's a lot of crazy stuff happening in my life right now that has been stopping me from blogging regularly. But I didn't want to leave you hanging today, so I thought I would share my thoughts on a perfume sample I received from my Sephora haul not too long ago.

http://www.extravaganzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/La-Vie-est-Belle3.jpg
The perfume is La Vie Est Belle from Lancôme. My initial impression was that it was way too strong and made me smell a bit... old. It did, occasionally, give me a really good whiff of it that I did enjoy. However, I'm the kind of person that sprays about 6 or 7 spritz of perfume just on my torso. So, I decided to give it another try, and sprayed one spritz on my front and one on my back. And now I love it! To me, it smells sweet like candy with a bit of vanilla and coconut with a small floral hint. Kind of reminiscent of Prada Candy L'Eau, which is my all-time favourite right now. Very good for Spring!

From the Lancôme site:

"'La vie est belle', a French expression meaning 'Life is beautiful'; the manifesto of a new era. Universal yet personal, Lancôme’s femininity is a choice embraced by women, not an imposed standard. The choice to live one's life and fill it with beauty. Your own way.

Lancôme has long fostered this conviction, and shares it today with all women in the form of an exceptional creation. The fragrance of joyful femininity and happiness. The fragrance that makes life more beautiful.

La vie est belle introduces a new olfactive story, the first ever tasty iris. The juice is made with the most precious natural ingredients, a modern interpretation of an oriental fragrance with a twist of gourmand. It entwines the elegance of iris with the strength of Patchouli and the sweetness of a gourmand blend; for an incredible scent with depth and complexity."

It runs from $72.00-$110.00 which is pretty reasonably for a lovely perfume. You can purchase it from Sephora here.

My final thoughts are this - if you love a sweet, lovely, feminine scent, definitely give this perfume a chance. Just don't go spritz crazy or your nose might be a little bit too overwhelmed!

Talk to everyone tomorrow! Thank you guys for getting me close to 1000 views and over 100 followers! Love you all :)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment