Search This Blog

2/04/2014

Review: Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoilating Cleanser with Orange Extract

Hello beauties! I'm back and feeling much better! There are still a few issues creeping up into my personal life at the moment, but I love blogging, and owe it to all of you wonderful people to keep posting! This whole beauty community keeps me going! It's so wonderful, and I'm so happy to have stumbled across it!

Anyways, for today, I thought I would review the Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser with Orange Extract that I got from Sephora not too long ago, which I mentioned in a haul previously. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. I hadn't really read many reviews or heard much about the product, but it was fairly inexpensive, and I needed an exfoliating face wash. I knew it wasn't what I wanted 100% as I wanted a rough scrub to scrub off all of the dead skin on my face, but I gave it a whirl anyways.



And, I was pleasantly surprised! I love this little cleanser. It has really fine gritty bits that exfoliate your face amazingly. When I use this, my face afterwards instantly looks and feels amazing, and once topped off with my favourite skin care products, my face feels SO soft. I was correct in that being a gentle exfoliant it wouldn't remove all of the dead skin cells I needed it to, so in the future I will be purchasing a tougher exfoliant, but either way this is fabulous to use.



I only use it once at night, but with proper skin care, you could probably use it more than once a day. It says it's for all skin types, and I believe this to be mostly true. It's gentle enough for dry skin that it won't dry out your skin even more, and also good for oily skin, as over exfoliating and drying out your skin is not necessarily the best step in reducing oil. I have combination skin, and I find that it does wonders to my oily areas, and is still good for my drier areas. However, my dry areas still have a bit of dead skin cells left over which I end up finding when moisturizing my face, and therefore, like I said, I need a bit of a tougher exfoliant. I think it would be perfect for me in the summer, however, when my skin is quite a bit more oily than during the winter!



It has a wonderful orange-y scent, which I absolutely am loving. I also have a few Ole Henrikson products at the moment that also smell orange-y and despite my boyfriend not too keen on kissing an orange, I love the refreshing orange scent, and I'm not normally a citrus scent kind of person!

I definitely recommend picking this up as the size I purchased (1.7 oz) was only $9.00 at Sephora, and you can't go wrong when it comes to a cheap yet good high end product!

Anyways, that's all for today! I am currently in love with Clarins, so I'll leave you with this..

Any other Clarins recommendations? Do you have any exfoliant recommendations?

Love all of you dearly, and I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment