Search This Blog

10/07/2014

Positive Thinking and How to Feel Content

So, today I have some thoughts. And I really wanted to post them. This is a very personal post, and I hope that by reading it, it may help anyone who is having a rough patch in their life as well. I didn't want to post this at first, as I had hoped to write a makeup post before posting another personal/lifestyle post, but I felt the need to get this out of my brain and into words. I will be writing a review on my winter lippies soon! So, here are my thoughts....




Last night I was laying in bed right after putting down my book and putting out my candles. And I just felt so at peace. I couldn't help but smile a bit. I felt content and happy. And I just thought, I really wish I could always feel like this. Where I'm so content and feel so happy and peaceful that I can't help but smile. Lately I've been feeling particularly lonely and always stressed and sad and super anxious, and so even just a few seconds of feeling completely content felt amazing. But it seems much easier than it really is to put into practice.

 
I had felt content cause I was reading a book I'm really enjoying by the light of three of my super sweet smelling candles and was warm and cozy under my covers. That's great, but I can't always be laying in bed reading with the candles lit. So I need to find ways to have that feeling of contentment under other circumstances.

 
I caught myself at work earlier feeling bored, and just wishing I wasn't here, and just wanting to go back to my bed and sleep and watch youtube and read and blog, and feel cozy and less stressed. And I just tried to turn it around and feel more positive and happy, and somehow I managed to convince myself to smile on the inside.

 
I think the key is probably going to have to be positive thinking. Being able to wake up and say, thank goodness I'm alive, no matter what happens, I need to appreciate today and I will be fine. Maybe I need to take a few moments when I'm starting to feel down at work, or wherever I am at the time, and just shift my thoughts into something more positive. I constantly think I'm so bored, I'm so stressed, I don't want to be here. But maybe I just need to pause and smile and I really don't know what exactly I need to do to shift my thoughts, but I just need to do it. Because I need to be here, and I need to keep going, and I'm tired of feeling miserable all the time.

 
I just need to shift my focus into how content and happy and peaceful I felt last night. Because I can have those moments if I want to. I'm going to feel miserable sometimes, and I'm going to feel awful about myself, I'm going to have days where literally everything goes wrong.... but I need to have more of those moments where I can say, I am happy, I am content, I am glad to be alive to feel this right now.

 
Well, that's it. Sometimes I have these moments where I have profound thoughts like that, and just needed to write it down, and put my thoughts into real words. Maybe it'll be helpful for you too, who knows. Anyways... back to work.

Hope everyone is doing well, and if you want to share any thoughts in the comments, I would love to read them :)

xoxox
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment